At Connections, we’re not all the same. And that’s our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think. Because to create wargames that serve and save lives, we believe in including everyone.
We believe that promoting diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words for us. They are the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we will build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a community that supports everyone in it. No one should ever feel excluded or less welcome because of gender, ethnicity, religion, disability, or background. Experience and social science has shown that diversity can generate better results, in analysis, insight, and professional decision-making. As professional gamers we are committed to the Derby House Principles:
1) Promoting inclusion and diversity in professional wargaming, through the standards we set,
the opportunities we offer, and access to activities we organize.
2) Making clear our opposition to sexism, racism, homophobia, and other forms of
discrimination across the board, as well as in wargaming.
3) Encouraging a greater role and higher profile for colleagues from underrepresented groups
in our professional activities.
4) Seeking out and listening to the concerns and suggestions of our colleagues as to how our
commitment to diversity and inclusion could be enhanced.
5) Demonstrating our commitment to diversity and inclusion through ongoing assessment of
progress made and discussion of future steps.
Connections North (Canada)
Serious Games Network—France
*Derby (Daa-bee) House in Liverpool was the location of Western Approaches Tactical Unit during WWII.
WATU conducted some of the most consequential wargaming in the history of armed conflict. It
was staffed by women from all walks of life, and men considered unfit for duty at sea through
illness and injury. Between them was the breadth of tactical, technical, social and cultural knowledge necessary to train naval officers from every Allied nation.